India is diverse and always ready to adapt to new cultures and traditions in every case, including food. All Indian dishes are full of flavors and spices, yet Indians are thirsty to know about the great taste of other cuisines. Many western foods are trendy in India, including each kind of fast food.
Fast foods are mouth-watering for every person here. It’s a trend to have parties for celebrations in India, whether it’s just a small occasion. And the main dishes will be western cuisine. Indeed, India cannot compete with their level, such as hygiene of western dishes, but who cares? All we need is good, tasty food.
Here are the top 9 western foods popular in India:
1. Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is bread flavored with garlic, olive oil, butter, and herbs, such as oregano and chili flakes.
Steps to make Garlic Bread:
- To make garlic bread, you must combine butter and garlic in a bowl.
- Cut the bread slices, or if it is already sliced, then take eight pieces.
- Brush over the bread with a mixture of butter and garlic. Also, sprinkle the herbs.
- Bake this bread at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You can also heat a pan and roast the bread in it.
Pancakes are one of the most liked western dishes in India. These are round-shaped, flat cakes that are served with sugar. It is made of flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter or oil, baking powder, and eggs.
Steps to make Pancakes:
- Whisk flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix milk, butter or oil, and eggs. Then, add the dry mixture and give it a quick whisk so that there should be no lumps in the batter.
- Now, take 2-3 tablespoons of batter and spread it on the pan with the help of the spoon’s backside. If you want to bake them, lay them on the baking tray and brush them with oil or butter.
- Cook it for 1 to 2 minutes to give it a rise, then flip it with the help of a spatula. Now, again cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes while they are warm with desired toppings.
Pizza is an Italian dish, famous in India as the best fast food. The base is a mixture of flour and rising elements such as baking soda or yeast. Topped with different vegetables, it gives a delicious feel to the eaters.
Steps to make Pizza:
- Put one teaspoon of yeast in warm water with some raw sugar and keep it aside for 10 to 12 minutes. The mixture will become frothy and bubbly.
- Add wheat flour, a pinch of salt, and some olive oil. Mix it all and form a dough with the help of water. It should be smooth and soft, non-sticky dough.
- Knead it until it becomes soft and bouncy; when you put the finger inside, it will bounce back into place.
- Keep it aside for some time to let it rise. Cover the dough with a napkin or lid.
- For pizza sauce, heat some oil in a pan and put some chopped garlic, chili flakes, tomato puree, salt, and sugar. Cook it well till the puree thickens.
- Add some Italian herbs and crushed peppers when the sauce thickens and stir it.
- Now roll the dough to the required size and keep it thick on the corners.
- Spread the pizza sauce and vegetables you want to add as a topping and Place it in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
The doughnut is fried food that is made with flour, eggs, sugar, milk, yeast, butter, salt, and vanilla essence. These are so soft in taste that they melt in your mouth as soon as you bite. You can use various syrups on it.
Steps to make doughnuts:
- Mix sugar, yeast, and warm milk and keep it aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the mixture becomes frothy and bubbly, add eggs, butter, vanilla essence, salt, nutmeg, and flour and make a soft and smooth dough. Knead the dough, place it aside for 1 to 2 hours, and let it rise.
- When the dough is ready, shape the doughnuts to the required size.
- Pour oil into a heavy-duty pan and fry the doughnuts until golden brown.
- Spread some chocolate syrup or flavored syrup, and enjoy the doughnuts.
Waffles are very crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It is the main reason why they are loved so much worldwide. You need eggs, flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla essence, and most importantly, a waffle iron.
Steps to make Waffles:
- Whisk the eggs, then add flour, milk, and oil.
- Whisk in the sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Now, pour the batter of soft and smooth consistency into a hot and prepared waffle iron.
- Cook it until golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Pasta is another Italian dish in the list that is famous in India very much. It comes in different shapes, but each form is made of wheat, water, or eggs and formed into sheets or other conditions. Even Indian supermarkets make your work relatively easy by providing you with readymade pasta. All you need to do is to add the herbs and spices you want.
Steps to make Pasta:
- Finely chop the vegetables you want to put in your pasta. On the other hand, boil the pasta in water and salt to make it soft but not chewy.
- When the pasta is boiled, drain out the excess water. Please don’t throw the excess water; you can use it to bring consistency to last.
- Heat a pan with some oil. Put cumin seeds and chopped vegetables into it and stir fry by adding the required spices to your taste.
- Cook them properly with the help of the water you saved aside.
- Put the pasta and stir it so all vegetables can stick to it. Bang! Your pasta is ready to serve.
7. Wraps or Rolls
Wraps, also called burrito, is a Mexican dish popular in India. The ingredients used are wheat tortillas, vegetables, spices, and sauces. All these ingredients are spiced together to offer a delectable food that swings your mood to the seventh sky.
Steps to make Burritos:
- Fine-chop the vegetables you want to add and cook them in a heated pan with oil and cumin seeds.
- Add the spices, such as salt, garam masala, red chili powder, oregano, soy sauce, and other seasonings.
- Cook them until they are chewy. Then cook some tortillas but remember to cook them half as you have to roll them.
- Take a half-cooked tortilla and spread the vegetables in the middle of the tortilla with sauce and spices according to your taste.
Your wraps or burritos are ready to serve.
8. Cheese Fingers
Cheese fingers are also mozzarella sticks, as the core ingredient is cheese. It can be of any kind, such as mozzarella, paneer, or any other. When you break the cheese finger from between, the cheese comes out and looks so tasty and delicious.
Steps to make Cheese Fingers:
- In a pan, melt butter or oil and add the chopped vegetables you want. Cook it until the mixture is ready to eat.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add cornflour, boiled and mashed potatoes, chili flakes, cheese, and any other ingredient you want to have.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll it out like a stick. Dip it in the corn slurry and bread crumbs.
- Fry them in heated oil till golden brown.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or mint sauce.
It is a type of pasta known as noodles in India. The slurpy noise when you eat them makes them more delicious and flavorful. While cooking, many spices are included, giving you a perfect spaghetti to eat.
Steps to make Spaghetti:
- Finely chop the vegetables you want to add to your spaghetti. On the other hand, put the readymade spaghetti to boil in the water and salt.
- Heat a pan with some oil and add cumin seeds when the oil is warm. Add all the chopped vegetables to the pan and stir it.
- Cook them until they are ready to eat. Add the spices according to your taste.
- When vegetables are cooked, add spaghetti and stir well so they get mixed well.
Although these are just a few dishes added to your list, many other western foods are popular in India. These are the best dishes that are ruling all over India right now. It would be good to try all these foods and enjoy them as much as possible.