In today’s era, the new generation is attentive and updated occasionally. Youngs always want to know what is happening and how new things work. Similarly, they are keen on the latest fashion trends and want to stay updated. Keeping up with these new trends is a fun way to dress fashionably, and it becomes easy to express yourself. Fashion styles are changing rapidly nowadays. So it may not be easy to stay updated with this fast-paced life. However, youth try their best with it only when they get help correctly.
Fashion is a way of life. It becomes one of the basic needs of human beings. People are very attentive to their dresses and clothing sense. Even they have decided on separate dresses for every occasion to define their fashion style. Many categories define fashion, such as office wear, casual wear, party wear, festive wear, marriage wear, etc. Friends, colleagues, relatives, and even strangers notice people who follow various fashion trends.
Importance of staying updated with fashion trends
Staying updated with fashion trends is a good idea because nobody wants to wear outdated dresses. You will be easily teased if you wear something old while others wear new clothes. That is why it is essential to stay modernized with the latest trends. Here are some other reasons that say it is vital to stay updated with fashion trends:
- Fashion keeps a society optimistic through different new styles and following changes.
- Staying updated about fashion trends will let you have an excellent first impression.
- Fashion helps you decide what to wear for a particular occasion so that people can not make fun of you quickly.
- When you are updated about fashion, you save time purchasing different dresses.
- Being updated boosts your confidence, and you slay in everything you want.
Know the fashion cycle
A natural fashion cycle consists of introducing a new fashion trend, its rise to popularity, declining faces, and finally being rejected.
Understanding the fashion cycle:
Here is a brief description of all these stages below:
- Introduction: As the name suggests, this phase includes an introduction of a new fashion trend to the world. This introduction can be done at any fashion week where a well-known artist wears the dress of the trend. Great marketing techniques, such as manufacturers and agencies, further follow it.
- Fashion Acceptance: It is the stage where the trend is accepted by people worldwide. It is the stage where fashion receives the label “trend” with itself. Many fashion leaders and trendsetters wear dresses in that pattern, increasing consumer demand. And then, you will see many retail stores start selling it.
- Peak: In the peak stage, the trend has achieved hype among the general public, and everybody is wearing it. The products are produced at the mass level at various price levels, especially at lower prices.
- Decline: Declination is when people start refusing to wear that trend occasionally. People who want to look unique and different turn themselves off due to the intense popularity of the trend.
- Obsolescence: Obsolescence is a stage where the fashion cycle has reached the end, which means the fashion is now outdated, and mainstreamers consider it as out-of-fashion. The reason behind this is the upcoming new fashion trends. It is not that outdated fashion can not enter the fashion industry again. It can re-enter and create a bang with changes and a new look.
How do different seasons impact trends?
Fashion is divided into four seasons: Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter, Resort, and Pre-fall. However, the two main seasons are Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter. The trends in these seasons are shown at Fashion Week in London, Milan, New York, and Paris. The spring/summer season starts in January and stays till June, whereas Fall/winter season starts in July and stays till December. The resort collection comes in between the first season, while pre-fall comes in before fall.
When the season changes, the mood also changes. All your choices depend on your mood. As a result, the wardrobe also needs a makeover. A practical reason for a seasonal wardrobe is limited closet space and adapting to climate change. But everyone has a deep emotion behind clothes, colors, and mood. Seasons impact fashion trends in many ways. Some of them are defined below:
Seasonality and business: When the season changes, it impacts every industry, whether it’s fashion, entertainment, or gaming. Designers create clothes for all four main seasons; retailers change their shelves as the season changes. Simultaneously, people’s demand and interest changes concerning the season change. For example, if there are colder months, retailers fill their shelves with jackets and woolen, whereas customers also want warm clothes those days. Nobody will shop for summer or spring clothes in those times.
Consumer behavior: It is natural to be in a good mood during summers compared to winters. The sunshine makes people outgoing, often spending more money on those days. It leads to an increase in demand for many items, including clothing. However, the impact of seasons on society is mainly overlooked as it seems to be a natural part of life.
Fashion weeks and their impacts: The world has four most significant Fashion Weeks- New York, Milan, Paris, and London. All the famous designers present their collections at these fashion weeks, creating a buzz in the fashion industry. From here, it goes to the closet of famous Hollywood and Bollywood personalities and enters the local market retail shops. These fashion weeks significantly impact the economy of the city where it is happening. It is one of the most significant impacts of them. Even a study has proved that fashion week generates great money because many attend these four weeks. Resultingly, tourism has increased and dramatically helped the place’s economic growth.
Follow fashion influencers and experts
Following fashion influencers and experts is essential to stay updated on the latest trends. It is effortless to follow them on any platform. Influencers and experts are the best way to do marketing of fashion trends. They help brands to present their new products to consumers in an authentic way.
Importance of following fashion influencers and experts
Influencers and experts are just ordinary people who promote the lifestyle. They naturally fit with fashion and luxury brands and promote the same to locals. Even traditional marketing campaigns do not work well compared to them. Also, fashion followers know how to present the brand with confidence and look so that every person can relate to it with themselves. Moreover, fashion experts inspire many people, greatly benefiting fashion brands and designers. Due to all these reasons, fashion influencers and experts are essential for the fashion industry.
Types of fashion influencers and experts to follow
Fashion influencers and experts are easy to follow, but the main problem occurs when you are in the dilemma of differentiating them from locals. For this, you need direction to the right path. There are five main types of influencers mentioned below:
- Mega-influencers with more than a million followers, like celebrities
- Macro-influencers with 500k to 1 million followers
- Mid-tier influencers with 50k to 500k followers
- Micro-influencers with 10k to 50k followers
- Nano-influencers with 1k to 10k followers
How to choose the right influencer and expert to follow?
Even if you know about the types of influencers and experts, it is a dilemma to know who is the right one to follow and who is not. That is why the following tips will be helpful in this:
- Audience: Collaborating with an influencer with a relevant audience is better. This way, you may be able to target consumers who are already interested in the type of products. Influencer content with a high audience will better align with your messaging, creating a powerful movement.
- Values: Be careful while collaborating with someone for your brand because your marketing depends on that influencer. So, always avoid controversial influencers and never share your brand values.
- Reach: Only follower count is not a vital factor. The reach of influencers’ reach is as much significant. You should not only go with the number of people following that person, but how many people view their post is equally important.
- Engagement rate: An influencer should also have great engagement with their audience. This way, you also learn about the person’s potential and how much they will offer you in marketing.
- Frequency: You should also check the frequency of your influencer’s posts. All posts should not be sponsored; otherwise, your brand will be lost or come across as just another paycheck to the influencer’s audience.
- Quality check: Also, never forget to check the quality of the influencer’s content. If the quality is better, it will catch people’s eye instantly. Undoubtedly, good quality content is lengthy but will benefit your marketing campaign.
- Reliability: Also, check the reliability of your influencers. You need to be able to count on them. Every influencer should be dependable regarding emails, posting content on time, and fulfilling other commitments.
Keep an eye on fashion blogs and magazines
Another great way to stay updated about the latest fashion trends is to follow fashion blogs and magazines. These are great sources to know what is happening in the fashion industry and what new looks can make you unique and different from others.
Importance of fashion blogs and magazines
Today’s generation is the social media generation. They like to get knowledge of everything through these online platforms. That is why fashion blogging is very much crucial for great marketing deals. It results in a powerful tool to reach consumers within the fashion industry. On the other hand, magazines are also an essential part of the fashion industry. They work as a medium that conveys and promotes the designers’ vision to the people and let them purchase that item.
Popular fashion blogs and magazines
There are many fashion blogs and magazines in the market, but some popular ones are enlisted below:
- Julia Berolzhemier
- The Curvy Fashionista
- Atlantic Pacific
- Sincerely Jules
- We Wore What
- Vanity Fair
- Woman’s Era
Tips to follow the right fashion blogs and magazines
Undoubtedly, there are many fashion blogs that you can follow to stay on top of the latest fashion trends. But, the dilemma is what is right and best to follow. The reason for this is the constantly changing mode of the fashion world. Choosing the right one from the hundreds of fashion blogs and magazines is tedious. That is why you can follow these tips and find a solution to your problem:
- Seek references and recommendations: Having some advice from friends, colleagues, and relatives about fashion blogs and magazines is better. They can easily recommend a name or two about fashion blogs. It will help you find the right blog and update you about the changing trends.
- Social media sites to help you out: Due to the fast-paced growth of the internet, it is effortless to find out from thousands of social media. They will recommend you the best fashion blogging sites for readers to follow. This way, you will get recommendations from celebrities, fashion designers, stylists, models, and all that will help you choose the right fashion site.
- Research about recommended sites: Never follow fashion blogs because others are doing so. Try to spare time and effort and do research on them. Always check the credentials of favorite fashion blogs and magazines because sometimes they may be fake and scams.
Social media is the best way to market and promote your fashion brand. That is why it is said that socializing helps you stay on top of the latest fashion trends. With the help of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others, you can be the first to learn about upcoming fashion trends and styles. Every renowned celebrity and influencer first updates their social media platforms with the latest fashion trend and then moves outside. That is how you get knowledge and search that trend on the search engine for more information.
Moreover, people advertise much on social media due to the fast-paced growth of the internet. Thus, you need to scroll the information down and bang! You are the one to follow the trend first. All you need to remember is not to harm your eyes just for the sake of being unique and first in the race.
Shop at trendy stores and boutiques
Don’t worry if you do not want to indulge yourself with social media. You can yet be at the top of all the latest fashion trends. All you need to do is shop at trendy stores and boutiques with the new collection of upcoming trends as soon as they launch. While shopping at trendy stores and boutiques, you can also learn that the trend suits you or needs to be adjusted accordingly. Mainly, all the designers send their new collections to them to check consumers’ reactions to their work. After that, the product is launched in the local market with some needed changes.
Always check the stores’ and boutiques’ quality and originality because many scandals are happening nowadays. Some of them sell the first copy in the name of the original, and it may cause a considerable loss to you.
Experiment and express yourself
One of the best ways to stay on top of the latest fashion trend is to experiment with new styles and express yourself in that loving look. When you try something on yourself, you can better tell others about your problems. This way, you also advise the designer so that they can alter the products according to everyone’s needs. Also, while experimenting, you will find out what suits you best and not go with what others say.
When you look fantastic, you express yourself wonderfully. Good looks boost confidence, and trying new items helps gain confidence. Search the fashion trends online—hunt for them, gather information, try them on, and flaunt them with complete charm and attitude.
Although staying updated with fashion trends is difficult, trying something new in life is not wrong. Fashion trends help people in coping up with the Hollywood and Bollywood industry. You will not feel behind anybody and will not lose your uniquity. Due to the competition nowadays, youth is very attentive to their fashion sense and style. So, do not hesitate and create a buzz with your style and fabulous fashion trends.