In this technological era, people are very busy with their earnings as they need to manage their expenditures. Most people are much busy than ever these days. Whether they are students, office workers, or any other obligations, people think that they have no time to work out during the day. This way, they compromise their health and fitness. Resultingly, many diseases happen to them. You may work 9 to 5; after that, you need to handle some household work and kids, or you may be a student that squeezes time for workouts from the school loads.
Indeed, balancing health and work is difficult, but with proper guidance, you can rock and balance them well. All you need to do is practice a better schedule and remember that practice makes a man perfect. You can achieve all your fitness goals by strictly following a routine.
Benefits of balancing fitness goals with a busy schedule
No doubt, balancing both fitness goals and a busy schedule offers you many benefits, but all you need to do is manage things perfectly. With a regular exercising plan, you can know about your goals and make strategies according to them. Also, you can improve your fitness level, health, and healthy mental well-being.
View this post on Instagram
Tips for balancing fitness goals and hectic schedules
Here are some tips that can help you in managing your fitness goals by doing regular exercises even if you have a hectic schedule all day long:
1. Set some realistic goals
Firstly, you need to set practical goals regarding your health and fitness according to your agenda. Now, what do realistic goals mean? These goals can be achieved in person during a particular time; for example, setting a goal of 20 push-ups daily. It does not mean you should not dream big, but you might start with a small step and climb the stairs one by one to achieve the best of it. Always make sure the following things are true to your goal:
- Your goals should be relevant to you.
- Goals should be time-specific.
- Do not forget to assess your improvement regularly.
If your goals are achievable, you can easily monitor your progress and move on to some challenging levels of fitness goals accordingly. You will not have to worry about your busy schedule when you are adapted to this environment.
2. Prioritize your schedule
Make sure to put your schedule first, then the other works. The reason for prioritizing things is to have a great day ahead, and you can be more efficient and productive. With enhanced productivity, you can achieve the goals at higher rates. Moreover, when you have planned your day before it starts, you complete all the tasks on time and will have some free time to achieve the fitness goals, such as 50 push-ups a day at the desired time. While prioritizing workouts in your plan, make sure you keep in mind the following points:
- Deal with these activities like you have some appointments that you should address.
- Try to exercise in the morning because it helps in releasing endorphins. This way, you feel energized and enthusiastic all day long.
- Remember to enjoy the time when you are exercising. Consider your likes and dislikes regarding them.
- Remember to monitor your progress. It will keep you motivated about your fitness goals that you want to achieve.
3. Build a routine
A great routine is essential to balance the personal and workout life. The initial stages of managing both take a lot of work. But you will witness unexpected results when you keep trying these practices strictly. That is why it is essential to develop a consistent exercise routine, and sticking to it is necessary. Always make a schedule that fits everything properly so you do not miss anything important. You can use the following points while creating the best routine:
- Get up early in the morning so that you can do every task.
- Start your day with morning exercises, such as breathing, jogging, walking, etc.
- Have your healthy breakfast and schedule your 9 to 5 work.
- After coming from the office, rest and start your gym routine. It depends on whether you want to go to the gym for a workout or want to do it at home.
- Go to bed early. Even the English proverb tells us that if you go to bed early and get up on time, you can be healthy, wealthy, and wise.
4. Try to change your way of commuting
Naturally, a person has to commute for 9 to 5 jobs. It may be by bus, car, or any other means. However, you can shift to walking and cycling if the distance is short. Also, you may prefer stairs when you reach your building instead of escalators. This way, you will incorporate physical activities into your daily routine and achieve your fitness goals. It will help you in various ways, like
- Increasing your foot count,
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate, etc.
5. Including exercise in your workday
It is not that you can not do exercise when you are at work. Indeed, it is possible because most deformities occur due to wrong sitting postures at work or not doing some stretching. Continuous sitting can affect your spinal cord and create some imbalance. So, performing some warm-up activities in your office is advised to save yourself from future diseases. These warm-ups may include:
- Have a walk outside the hectic environment. This way, you will improve your heart rate by breathing good oxygen and relaxing your mind in a peaceful environment.
- Even you can stretch your body with the help of your office desk. You can do squats there, which helps you regulate blood circulation all over your body.
- You can do some yoga asanas there which relax your mind, such as meditation, pranayam, etc.
6. Get enough sleep
Sleep is one of the most necessary things in life. If you do not get enough sleep during the day, you are declining your health on purpose. Even scientists tell us to have a good seven to eight hours of sleep. Good sleep helps you in recovering your body, conserving energy, repairing and building up the muscles worked during exercise. When you get up after a night of good sleep, you feel relaxed and refreshed due to the hormone produced by your body. Also, your body gets enough time to allow your muscles and tissue to recover from the damage caused due to workouts.
7. Make your lunch break useful
Lunch breaks are also so efficient for you if you want to be a fitness freak. You can also use them by attending some fitness sessions at that time. You can schedule your gym timings at that slot. Whatever you learn at that time, you can repeat them at home. In this way, you do not need to allot much time in a single slot. Moreover, you can go for a walk after lunch with your colleagues or friends. With the help of walking, you will achieve two goals. These are:
- Better digestive system.
- The environment changes that soothe your mind.
8. Go on a workout with your workout buddy
Partnership and friendship are essential in this generation. The same situation goes with your workout. If you pair yourself with some of your friends or coworker, you will always attend all workout sessions. That workout buddy will not let that happen to anybody. It will benefit you in the following ways:
- You will motivate each other and never let anyone miss any session.
- You will not feel bored at your workout sessions.
- The feeling of loneliness will not bother you at any place.
9. Use the technologies
This is the technological era, and you should utilize them daily. These apps help you to track your progress and help you in achieving your fitness goals. When you keep progressing in your workout, you feel motivated and will urge to do more than that. This way, you will achieve your goal in a better way. The following apps will help you with this:
- Wellness Living
- ABC Fitness Solutions
10. Avoid junk food
No doubt junk foods are delicious and human beings always demand to eat them. However, they are not suitable for your health. You will incorporate many diseases with a daily intake of fast food. That is why it is essential to avoid junk food. You can have it but with proper intervals of time. Also, you can try them by cooking at home. Moreover, plan and prepare your meal in advance so you will not have to bunk your workout session. Even the trainers at any workout or gym recommend having a healthy, protein-based diet for great energy at the session.
11. Drink more water
Hydration is essential because it is the best way to remove toxins from the body. That is why try to drink plenty of water throughout the whole day. Moreover, you will get the energy to do a lot of workouts. It is natural to release sweat due to workouts, which lowers the hydration level. That is the main reason why drinking plenty of water is recommended by trainers and doctors. It helps in the following ways:
- Maintains concentration and performance
- Increase the steadiness
- It prevents excessive elevations in heart rate.
12. Take frequent breaks
Doing a workout on a daily basis is useless because it will drain your body completely. That is why you should take some days’ rest so that your body can recover itself in a better way and you can do more than in the past. Frequent breaks help you in different ways. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Taking a break allows you to regain the balance of your body and life. A balanced body helps you to achieve all the professional and personal life balance.
- Moreover, overreaching or overtraining can harm you in some worse ways. That is why frequent breaks are essential for saving you from some injuries.
You can do stretching and some warm-up exercises during these days, which can not harm your workout routine. You will stay in form.
13. Stay positive
Positivity is the key to success. So, never lose hope at any stage of your life. The same case is with your workout schedule. All you need is to focus on the progress of your workout routine. Ups and downs are the phases of life. You may face setbacks and obstacles that can discourage you but do not let that happen. To enhance positivity in your life, follow the points mentioned below:
- Try to practice positive affirmations daily.
- Start learning from your failures.
- Live in an environment that is full of positive people.
14. Flexibility is the key to success
No doubt, it is hard to be a flexible person all the time. However, if you try to be flexible in your schedule, adjusting the time for various things in your routine will be easy. For example, sometimes you receive an important call from your work that you must pay attention to. But it is your time for a workout. Now you should have to manage these things flexibly so that you will not get derailed from the track of your workout goals. Moreover, flexibility can also help you in doing the exercise in a better way. With a flexible body, you can achieve many benefits:
- Flexibility promotes circulation throughout the body.
- It also improves your posture.
- It reduces the stiffness of the muscles and the soreness of tissues.
15. Be a multitasker
You can do various tasks while working out. What does it mean? It means you can listen to podcasts and music while you exercise. This way, you can relax your mind and work out to make your body healthy. With a relaxed mind, you can enhance your creativity and productive thoughts. There are many other activities that you can combine with your exercise. These are:
- You can talk on the phone regarding your work while exercising.
- While exercising, you can also watch your entertainment shows.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How do you combine work and exercise?
The best way to combine your work and exercise is to keep a routine of all your plans. In this way, you will not lack behind in any manner.
2. What exercise can you combine?
While workout, you can combine the following exercise on various days:
- Day 1: chest, shoulders, triceps, forearms.
- Day 2: calves, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes.
- Day 3: biceps, back, abdominals, traps, lats.
3. Why is flexibility necessary when planning a workout schedule?
When you involve flexibility in your workout, you achieve increased energy, improved postures, fewer injuries, reduced stress levels, etc.
4. How can I train my brain to be positive?
Some steps can help you retrain your brain to enhance positivity:
- Be aware of your thoughts.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Try to say positive affirmations daily.
- Develop a morning routine.
- Practice daily gratitude.
Indeed, it is not easy to manage all the things when you are a professional office worker. But, if you try to schedule all the plans, you can do better from all perspectives. While achieving your fitness goals, you become a multitasker which is the best quality for professional people. Moreover, you start to achieve flexibility in your body and routine which helps you to be a great human being.