In this technological era, everybody is busy with their work and needs more time to spend with themself. It is the big mistake they are ever making because it leads to various losses, such as less energy, less productivity, and many other things. However, a perfect morning routine is the best possible solution to erase this mistake from your life.
Getting up with the smell of coffee and hands on the phone is the worst way to start your morning. Instead, having a morning routine for creating a peaceful morning and being happy all day would be best. A perfect morning routine will promote wellness and make you successful for the rest of the day. There are many significant steps that you can take to create a morning routine that works for you, like avoiding social media, drinking water, listening to a podcast, and many more.
Having a morning routine provides you with many benefits. You become highly productive and always have great energy to do every work. It also boosts your confidence as you know the outcomes of your job due to great attention. It also helps reduce stress and tension, leading to a good night’s sleep. You stay active all day.
Creating the best morning routine is tricky; however, it can be easy to go step by step and add it to your daily life.
Steps to create a morning routine for a productive lifestyle
Following are some steps that you can apply and keep in mind to have a perfect morning routine for a productive lifestyle:
While setting a morning routine, setting the goals you want to achieve in your life is essential. This thing will work as a motivation for you and will urge you to get up early in the morning and have a fresh start. Determining what you want to do in the morning would be best, then working accordingly. You can use the following tips to set some achievable goals:
- Write them down: It would be best to write your goals down because daydreaming will not help you to achieve them. When you write them down, you can feel them naturally and look more tangible. It is being said that people who write their goals have a better chance of accomplishing more than those who do not write down their goals.
- Make your goals visible: Writing them down only will not help you much. Put them somewhere you will see them regularly, so you are constantly reminded about where you want to be.
- Break them down: Sometimes, your goals are more challenging than they appear on paper. At this stage, you should break your goal into some parts and go step by step towards it by achieving it in parts. This way, you will not feel demotivated as well.
- Develop a plan: When you have decided on your goals, it’s time to work on them by deciding how to move ahead. Write an action plan for them to keep you on track. Always stay optimistic about achieving them on time.
- Identify the obstacles: It would be best to keep you updated about the obstacles in your way. Recognize the problems and reasons behind them so that you can find possible suitable solutions to these problems.
- Always stay motivated: It is natural to get demotivated when achieving your goals takes time, but you do not have to be demotivated. Instead, it would be best to work harder than before to get what you want.
Plan a night before
Always plan your next day’s work before bedtime so you will never drown in the sea of thoughts while sleeping. Good sleep is essential for your health, and thinking about tomorrow should be done ahead for a relaxed body. Always list tomorrow’s activities and put them aside on the side. This way, your mind will not be decision tired and let you sleep with a better quality of it. You can use the below-mentioned tips while planning your day the night before:
- Find your challenges and Schedule them: While planning the next day, always note down all the challenges you will face in the morning. Schedule them as a priority and face them first so you can give the rest of the time to the other work.
- Never think you have much time: Do not overestimate your time. Be realistic and do not schedule excessive tasks in a day.
- Balance work and life: Always be sure about balancing your personal and professional life. Personal time is as important as professional one, but when you do not add both equally to your schedule, you burden your mind on one side, which can be harmful.
- Reflect and review: While you plan your day, always try to find out what you have learned from the previous day. Note your mistakes at the end of the day so you will not repeat them the next day again. Also, prioritize the incomplete tasks in your plan and reflect on and review them.
Get a good night’s sleep
People nowadays have no time for other work due to their busy schedules. Even they do not have enough time for a good sleep. However, a proper good night’s sleep is essential for the mind and brain as it helps them to relax from the tiredness of the whole day. Scientists have also proven that an average sleep of eight hours is vital for today’s youth. You can use the following tips to have a better-quality sleep:
- Avoid stressful activities at the end of the day: It is essential to wind down strenuous activities, such as heavyweight lifting, exercises, and gyming, toward the end of the day. Instead, taking a warm bath and reading some books would be best to induce the sleeping.
- Give a rest to TV at a set time: Fix a time to turn off your TV and other electronics. Please give them a rest as well. It would be best to sit on a couch or a bed in a comfortable position with a cup of warm milk or tea, or coffee.
- A proper alarm clock: It would be best to set it properly. It would be set for proper eight-hour sleep from your bedtime so you can sleep well, have a good rest and wake up with a fresh start.
- Give your mind and body a relaxed feel: It is essential to erase all the thoughts from the mind when you are going to sleep. If you sleep with something on, you cannot have a peaceful sleep and a great morning start.
Try to follow any or all of these techniques, as it can help you get eight hours of sleep every night and wake up refreshed the next day.
Touching or pressing it as soon as the alarm rings are natural. However, it can be detrimental to your morning routine and can be proven as the worst mistake for a perfect morning. You may intend to have just five more minutes, but hitting snooze can quickly turn into half an hour. You can try the following methods to get up early if you find it difficult in the morning:
- Counting numbers: When you see that getting from bed is becoming difficult in the morning, then count to a fixed number and push yourself to get out of bed after that number. Indeed, it will take two to three or even more attempts, but it will finally be a cup of tea. Now, you can start your day with freshness.
- Put your alarm clock away from you: The best solution not to hit snooze is to put the alarm clock away from you. You must get out of bed to close it, and here you go! You will not go to bed once you are out of it.
- Keeping your slippers near the bed: Slippers can also help you to get out of bed easily on cold mornings. So, always keep them near to make a habit of getting up early.
Creating a healthy routine is the best way to break the habit of snoozing. The more time you have in the morning, the more productive your brain is, and the greater outcomes await you.
Wake up early
The famous English proverb proves it right that early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. So, you can see with your own eyes how many benefits you will get by waking up early in the morning. Having a sound mind that is relaxed in the morning will offer you great results regarding any problem in your life. You can use the below-mentioned strategies to wake up early in the morning:
- Silence your phone: Keep your phone on silent mode or “do not disturb” mode because when notifications pop-ups, it is natural to be tempted to check your phone even in the middle of the night. This way, you can disrupt your sleep cycle. Whatever message it will be, it will still be there in the morning. So, disconnect it while going to bed.
- Avoid late-night snacking: Late-night snacking can result in many stomach problems, and you may have a night of disturbed sleep. So, avoid snacks at the last minute and have a great sleep to wake up fresh.
- Leave your curtains open: It is good to leave your curtains slightly open so that when the sun rises, the sunlight can be your natural alarm to let you wake up early.
Get yourself enough time to get to work
When you wake up early in the morning and have a fresh start to your day, you can be productive at a great level. However, giving some time to your mental and physical health is essential. Whatever time you wake up after having an eight-hour good sleep, keep some time aside for your activities so that you don’t overwork yourself to the end of the day while completing them.
Movements and exercise
Exercise is the best way to start your morning. Due to better sleep quality, your body and muscles are very relaxed. That is why they also need to get warm up, and exercise and body movements are the best options. You will benefit from this, such as avoiding distractions, boosting metabolism, and many more.
You can incorporate even these simple regular morning exercises for a perfect morning routine for a productive life:
- Have a jog in the morning.
- You can do 10-minute yoga in the morning for better results.
- Holding a plank for 30 seconds.
Hydration and Nutrition
It is essential to start your day with a nutritious breakfast and a hydrated body. Hydration and nutrition are as important as the other factors because a healthy breakfast keeps you energetic the whole day, and you take effective decisions. A balanced diet works as fuel for your body. Remember to have your food slowly instead of gulping it down. Save some proper time to have a good breakfast.
Mindfulness and Meditation
Meditation and mindfulness are great ways to start your morning routine. Meditation can help you to relax and let you go through your thoughts and improves your breathing. You can also start saying some positive affirmations while meditating to bring positivity inside out. Examples of such positive affirmations are given below:
- I am excited about the day.
- I am grateful for the job.
- I will have a successful day/week.
Review and Adapt
Reviewing your past day and finding out what is left to do and what mistakes you made in the day also helps you create a perfect morning routine and make you productive by eliminating those mistakes. This way, you will know what to do first and make a list accordingly.
Creating a morning routine at once for a productive lifestyle can be challenging. However, slow and steady wins the race, So start creating it step by step. If you are feeling low at any moment in your morning, you can motivate yourself by calling your loved one, listening to music, or doing the task you like most. This way, you will feel energetic and return to the form doing whatever you have on the list, creating a perfect morning routine for a productive lifestyle.