It is the 21st century, and the youth nowadays is extremely cautious about their looks and dressing sense. What are they wearing, and how do they carry their fashion sense and accessories with that dress? They are thinking all these things all the time to be in the limelight and unique all the time. It is essential to dress attractively and have matching accessories with every outfit because it describes your fashion sense and standard nowadays.
Accessories are the best way to provide interest to your outfit. If you do not use them correctly, you can get bored with your wardrobe, making your outfits dull and uninteresting. They will look the same always. Accessories are a small difference in your dress but make a huge difference. The small details of it describe the style of your fashion.
Good reason to accessorize
There are many reasons to use the right accessory with the outfit. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Accessories are the best way to extend the life of your outfit. You can use different accessories that go with your outfit on different occasions.
- Accessories create some interesting details even if your clothes are simple and plain. It offers your clothes a fashionable look even if you wear a subtle outfit.
- Accessories also give you a unique personality. The outfit can be the same as others, but you can change your look by adding different accessories.
- Accessories add versatility. You can give a whole different look to yourself by changing the accessory. It will also give you a different look and feel.
Understanding the outfit
It is essential to understand your outfit to wear accessories correctly and properly. For this, you need to assess your occasion, which means what the occasion is and whether there is any dress code that the host finalizes. It would be best if you kept in mind the below-mentioned tips for this:
- First, you must know the occasion, whether a wedding, party or a simple get-together for fun and free time.
- Now, all you need to do is find a dress or outfit relating to the occasion and flaunt that. For example, if it is a wedding, you should wear a traditional outfit that matches your complexion or a cocktail or dinner party, then choose accordingly.
Sometimes, the host has finalized some dress codes for their every occasion. Now, the question arises what the dress code is. Dress codes are the particular type of dress that you need to wear. It is just like a set of clothing rules that needs to be followed by the wearer in the function. For example, in the vintage dress code, you need to wear some vintage-styled dress, whereas, at Halloween parties, people are styled in Halloween costumes, such as ghosts, vampires, mummies, etc.
The dress code is necessary for your first impression because the first impression greatly impacts your overall personality. If the person meets you again, they will remember your style and fashion sense. First impressions are mainly formed by how you dress in a particular situation. So, make sure to be well-dressed all the time.
Determine the color scheme and style of the outfit
It is better to understand the color wheel works because it can make your look beautiful or destroy your whole look in seconds. If you do not work on your color scheme, your look will not come out, no matter how expensive your attire is. For this, all you need to do is to choose the right colors and match them perfectly.
The color wheel combines three different types of colors in it that are primary colors, secondary colors, and tertiary colors.
- Primary colors: These colors are red, yellow, and blue. You can not achieve these shades by mixing any two colors. However, you can achieve any other colors by mixing them.
- Secondary colors: The colors you achieve by mixing primary colors are secondary. For example, red+yellow gives orange, red+ blue gives purple, blue+yellow gives green, etc.
- Tertiary colors: The colors you can get by mixing primary and secondary colors are tertiary colors. These include the shades like mint, aqua colors, corals, etc.
Now, the best way to match them perfectly is the complementary scheme. This scheme includes colors complimenting each other, such as red and green, violet and yellow, and blue and orange. Mostly the summer and spring attires are based on this scheme.
Identifying the key elements of the outfit
After deciding on the color and matching them perfectly, the main focus diverts towards the key elements of the outfit. The four basics elements that make your outfit interesting are:
You can use neutral colors, which can be enhanced by adding pop-colored scarves, ties, jewelry, or shoes. If you are a bright or light color lover, you can enhance your features by focusing on other outfit elements. Make sure to wear the colors that fit best to your face.
Patterns come in various styles, colors, and sizes. Even if you are wearing a small amount of pattern or print, you can enhance your outfit in a great way. If you prioritize solid clothes, you should add patterns via shoes, scarves, and handbags. Remember not to pair two patterns of the same size together.
Enhancing your outfit by adding some shine is a wonderful way. Shine can be added as jewelry, metallic or patent shoes, and clutches, handbags. You can also go with delicate jewelry if you do not want a bold look. However, statement necklaces and bold earrings are never outdated.
For texture, you can add some embroidery, lace, or leather to your outfit. Belts and shoes are the best option for it.
Types of accessories
The market is full of various styles of accessories nowadays. That is why it becomes difficult to choose from them. However, when you come under good guidance, this becomes easy and looks like a cup of tea. Some of these accessories are enlisted below:
- Jewelry: Jewelry includes all types of necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc. Bangles and bracelets are worn around the wrist, whereas necklaces and earrings are worn around the neck and ears. They all give a different look to your attire and make you look outstanding.
- Bags and Clutches: You can also use bags and clutches as your accessory to enhance your outfit. Bags and clutches provide a shiny look and are carried in hand. Even you can use simple leather wallets because they are considered a stylish accessory for both men and women. You can purchase different types of bags and clutches for different occasions from the market.
- Shoes: Different pairs of shoes are also a great way to accessorize yourself with your beautiful attire. You can wear high heels, such as pencil, platform, etc., with traditional wear, whereas high heel boots and other leather shoes with Western wear.
- Scarves, belts, and hats: Mostly, with western wear, you can enhance your look with scarves, belts, and hats. Hats are the perfect protection from the weather, sunlight, etc., whereas scarves and belts are worn with traditional and western wear to look impressive and attractive.
All these accessories provide you with a different look when paired solely. It all depends on how you pair and match them perfectly.
Selecting the right accessories
When you have chosen the perfect color that matches your skin tone and outfit, you will start selecting the right colored accessories. Although it can be hard work, it can completely change your look. However, it is important to keep in mind some great tips regarding this:
- Consider what you are wearing: As mentioned above, accessories mainly depend on what you are wearing. When you learn to flaunt the attire, you can also flaunt it with the right accessory.
- Focus on what you want to accent: Always try to focus on the accent you are carrying. This way, you will never feel yourself at the end of the queue.
- Choose a statement accessory: Statement accessories are never out of date. They give a unique look to your outfit. So remember to choose a statement accessory.
- Create balance: Balance between things is important; otherwise, you may look weird. So, keep in mind to create a great balance between your attire and accessory.
- Pair bold accessories with neutral outfits: While creating a balance between things, pair bold accessories with neutral outfits and light-shaded accessories with some bold attires. This way, your look will be very much enhanced.
- Know when to edit: Edition is also a great path towards flaunting any outfits and accessories. That is why find the right time to edit your look. Alter accessories to personalize your looks and have fun.
Indeed, accessory selection is a difficult task, but with the help of proper guidance, you can rock the outfit with a gorgeous and shiny look. You can show your uniqueness and collect beautiful compliments from others.
Style tip: Do not over-accessorize yourself.
Tips for accessorizing
Here are some tips that will help you accessorize your outfit greatly:
- There is a general rule of thumb when accessorizing: less is more. Do not use too much jewelry where; you can go with just earrings. Keep in mind to stick between 2 to 3 accessories for your outfit.
- You can choose one statement or a bigger accessory, such as a handbag, for your western dress, and wear a nice watch and statement earrings with some traditional outfits.
- While accessorizing, make sure to match the jewelry styles to your attire and occasion; otherwise, you will purposefully go for a mismatched look.
- Take the color wheel into consideration so that you may not look weird. When the color matches perfectly, people will always compliment you greatly.
- Remember to offer priority to your comfort and be practical all the time. Never go out of your comfort zone.
- Try experimenting with different combinations and styles to have a different and unique look.
- While experimenting, keep in mind about required proportion and scale of accessories to look extraordinary.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I match my accessories to my outfit?
Take the help of a color wheel if you are in a dilemma of choosing the right color for the accessory. Or follow the tips mentioned in the article to create a unique look.
2. How do I choose the right accessories?
Consider what you wear and focus on the occasion you attend. Now, match the accessory according to the look.
3. How can I look good in every outfit?
To look good in every outfit, wear attires according to your body type. Choose the color that suits your skin tone. Mix the patterns and textures.
4. Are accessories key to an outfit?
Indeed, accessories are key to any outfit because they add style and interest. Without them, you may feel bored with a casual regular look.
Indeed, accessories are very powerful such that they can add a finishing touch to your style and attire. However, not everyone can do it. Getting mastered in everything takes time, but you must practice it regularly. Start experimenting with your outfits and accessories and create your signature look. Match the colors based on the color wheel and have fun choosing the right accessory.